Saturday, April 27, 2013

4.27.13 Yesterday and Today , For Etienne, In Awe





Every since I met you,
come into my life,
filling my days with
exquisite insistence
crisp intelligence
every word a song,
we have come down
to the river.

   
Oh, I left it by
for the long winter,
but you came this spring
to walk beside me
in youth, in restoration
in all your most rabid delight!

So here we are
with the others
almost always at sunset the
car pulls up we all
jump out of doors and
climb swift up up up
to the very cusp of the
grand Connecticut

Breathless. Always.
Always the same, this
surprise at the magnificence ,
the feeling of cogent
power passing as we
stand, silent, by its side. 

And so have you come
and come others shall
and always to the river
we will be called, for it
nourishes the depth
and clarifies the breadth,
this awe
infused into
our selves.











No comments:

Post a Comment