Sunday, September 7, 2014

9.6.14 Yes and No



Photo: Magnificent creature




Yes, at first I fed them bread. Two slices. A one time deal. Just to get to be close.
No, I wasn't planing to do it again. Except for feeding birds in wintertime, messing with populations of wild animals is unwise. 
Yes, the next day when I called hi to them , they recognized me, bobbed their heads in greeting. 



No, I told them- I've not come with bread. 
Yes, they still quietly wandered close, eating away, the largest keeping watch. Over me. 
No, I didn't notice the Falcon far overhead, til they all turned head and eyed the sky, the young ones lying down. 


Yes, seems the Mom is off, to the side, having a little alone time, feeding, while the tall beautiful Dad keeps watch over the four young ones. 
No; I didn't want to stop sitting among them. No; they didn't seem to pay me too much mind. 

Yes, I finally got up from the lush green grass and left them to their fall preparations. Imagining how much they must have LOVED last night's rainstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment