Thursday, October 23, 2014

10.33.14 14 Years Ago

Photo: 14 years ago. I was 48. My daughter was 13. She and her cousin created a coming-of-age ceremony. They invited the women who had made the most difference in their lives, to their ceremony. Of course, Lenore generously came. My cousin and her partner and daughter; myself and my daughter. The two young ones  surrounded themselves with things that symbolized both who they were, and what was most important to them. Held in the embrace of a circle of women. Thankyou Heidi, for sharing my photo with me, today. My daughter is 27 now, grown woman, herself .

14 years ago. I was 48. My daughter was 13. 

She and her cousin created a coming-of-age ceremony. 
A Feminisva.

They invited the women who had made the most difference in their lives, to their ceremony. 

 My cousin and her partner and daughter; myself and my daughter. 

The two young ones surrounded themselves with things that symbolized both who they were, 
and what was most important to them. 

Held in the embrace of a circle of women. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment