Sunday, September 6, 2015

9.5.15 Because there is that weird crap about hiding your age



     For years, and still, I liked mentioning my age. Because there is that weird crap about hiding your age, I guess because so many believe that you, and they, will be 'worth' less the older we all are. So it felt good to say how old I was, so that people younger than me could say to themselves, 'Oh. Well. That's one way someone can be 45 or 55 or 60."
     Now it seems that way with having gotten sick and had to stop working and doing many things. People look at me and I watch them think "OMG." And then, "Ok. Ok. Well, she seems to be doing ok enough with it. Ok."

    B Which I think is good. Because there is a whole whole lot of unexpected shit that comes down in life, and no matter how hard we try to be aware of possibility, while relishing what we have today, still it is always such a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment