Thursday, October 22, 2015

10.21.15 A little night music



     Tired, and having spent a day and a few nights fighting off some virus, I cheated and brought the pup to Summit Road, where , if you do lots of cheering , why ,he'll run amok a bit, and use his muscles enough to last the night. 
     So there I was, drained and slumping, doing my best cheer cheering , which did work rather well, as he transitioned from racing back and forth across the road (Run!!! Run!!!) to thinking he was hunting down mice/ rabbits/whatever ( not really ) til I realized he'd come upon, yes, a passionately defended yellow jacket nest , and they were soon attached to him, trying their best to dig through his evil thick fur to get get him .
     Course , this had never happened to him before , so he had no idea what on earth was chasing him, and stinging him! And so freaked out, running here and there , leash tangled in his long legs.
     Til I ran him far enough away that they'd lose interest, which they did, all returning back to their beloved beleaguered nest that they so carefully prepare come late fall, I'm sure all huffing and puffing and settling down by hive central to tell the story of the big furry monster over and over again , the regaling possibly going on far too late.
     In the meantime, having rescued my assaulted pup a piece down the road,I did find one more Yellow Jacket trying its vehement best to burrow into Dante's fur, but no matter... I pulled the poor little thing off with my fingers , tossed it down , and it took off for home and stories and the regaling.
     Course, my pup spent the next few hours 'seeing' bees everywhere, as I gave him homeopathic Apis, then held clay poultices on his bites ( all over his back, one swollen eye) .
     And then , foreseeing his distress and my possible sleepless night, dragged myself to CVS for some good old Benadryl, which deluded the poor eye and calmed the poor bites , and now I will not be up all night.


No comments:

Post a Comment