Saturday, November 26, 2016

11.21.16 How lightning strikes

  Today a dear old friend of my husbands' showed up to bring him to an extra Boston appointment, because I can't. Which makes me so grateful, all these people. 
  I met him first, long ago when I was a skinny wild thing, but luckily he fell for his beloved and I came over to his place to check out the apartment , and caught sight of mine, and that was that. Bada boom.
  So he shows up today and he's here despite some very real complexity with his aging parents and other things, very tired out, and I'm just thrown with gratitude.
  When my husband comes home, he tells me a story. The people who drive him to Boston every other week always have wonderful stories.
  Turns out, one day at their printing press (of fantastic work), there were four cars parked out front, when they heard a huge noise, the lights went out and back on, and they ran outside to see what was up .
  Turns out a lightning bolt had struck somewhere and sizzled all four cars.
  Three had their electrical systems fried, including a brand new Volvo wagon ( ouch).         
None could open or start. That was that.
  But his kid's farm truck , that had been off, was now running, and would not turn off for anything. Had to go bring it to the mechanic's to get it off. Go figure.
  Like the lighting strikes that make this blind person see and that one go round getting lost everywhere forever. Here we all are.


No comments:

Post a Comment