Saturday, March 19, 2016

3.18.16 Turn in their sleep

     Long ago and far away, Lindsay (our very own Meriadoc Baggins) taught me a ream of stuff. From when I was 16-17. 
     She taught me about unions and protesting and The IWW and class politics and so much music and questioning everything with a fierce acerbic voice and the Holy Modal Rounders and Jim Kweskin and his Jug Band.
     She taught me about eclectic and insistent and tenacity and bring your own self no matter the hell what. 
     And all that somehow stayed with me and was woven into my life, from then til now.
     From high school to the walking sweet hills of Utah with her, to all the places we've gone off and landed and grown roots and selves, since.
     How magnificent , how imperceptibly we become a thread in each other's stories . From my first baby born, I raised my kids on all that music, which they learned to hum , as easily as they turned in their sleep .


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuMDf9IEXp4&app=desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment