Sunday, December 18, 2016

12.17.16 FB video Your next breath

FB video Saturday 12.17.16

Early this morning the boyo and the visiting Lola and I did quietly rise up from our warm beds,
and go out back , where the birds were all awake, feeding happily on bird food, 
and there was all this snow. 

Dante went out and leaped and played and peed ,and Lola got to free range because she's older, 
and that's just the kind of dog she is. 

At 5, I'd been awake, in the deeper darkness , pulling the bedside curtain back, when a car paused far out front on the road, while somebody sauntered on by. Leaving me wondering 
just who it was.
We all did what we needed to do, then all crawled back into cozy warm beds , to loll about and snooze and wait til the guy awoke.

Which he finally did, all toasty and sleepy eyed.

 So we all ate and dogs peed again,and then we wandered out to do the snow.

My lips ached and my face stung, all well dressed ,and I was wondering to myself, while cleaning off cars and bird tables and moving cars around, if there is a mysterious magical event in lives ,when they really have enough with cold and snow. 

Because I get so happy with weather changes and can't imagine wanting less. Or none.

The day passed with Saturday things and then Saturday naps til out the window without a sound the day was coming to a close, and beautifully.

So off I zoomed, down to the Eagle Sanctuary, and stood out in the freezing cold , gazing up at snow flecked pines and the whole of the sky involved in some divine choreography.

Til some guy in a black car slowed down on the pass and put down his window 
and asked me what I was about. As if he didn't know.

When you are out in the ending of the day and the cold and the bright pink blue sky and the snow, there is no politics and there is nothing but your next breath .


https://www.facebook.com/gwen.mcclellan/videos/10208490117273958/

No comments:

Post a Comment