Sunday, August 3, 2014

8.3.14 In Our Knowing

Photo: We were spending the morning together
laughing and working on each other: 
spines and organs and 
cranial bones and stagnation : 

and we were talking, as we do,
 about today and yesterday, 
as the summer's sun lit the 
burgundy blossoms of sheer curtains 
and the sounds of life being lived 

slipped in beneath the double doors  
composed of so many
 small reflective surfaces 
of glass- so  that each one was a 
different color and portrayed a 

different version and song and  it's 
own individual refraction ; 
and I gazed at the photographs 
lining the room like a prayer, as devotions 

all the while that overcast sky 
carefully murmured old songs 
that I heard if I cocked my head 
and quieted my mind, 
and we continued on 
in our knowing.


We were spending the morning together
laughing and working on each other 
spines and organs and 
cranial bones and stagnation 
and we were talking, as we do

 about today and yesterday 
as the summer's sun lit the 
burgundy blossoms of sheer curtains 
and the sounds of life being lived 
slipped in beneath the double doors  

whose surface was composed 
of so many small reflective segments 
of glass- so  that each one was a 
different color and portrayed a 

different version and refrain and it's 
own individual refraction  
and I gazed up  at the photographs 
lining the room like a prayer, a blessing 

all the while an overcast sky 
carefully murmured all the old songs 
that I could catch if I cocked my head 
and quieted my mind

and in this way we 
 continued on 
year passing year 
in our knowing

No comments:

Post a Comment