Thursday, October 29, 2015

10.26.15 As it is



Its possible if I lived in your neighborhood, downtown and sidewalks and curbs and things growing at will in cracks of pavement or in pots by stoops;

or on your street with all the houses in a row and straight lines and the dawn brazenly casting light across it all.

Or maybe your apartment on a small curvy street with so many different homes tucked in here and there, the land flat and the wind wild,

its possible I would simply fall in love there, too, because it would be what i knew, what I watched and lived with each day, what I cared for.

 As it is, I live in New England, on the foothill of a tiny mountain range, where there are woods and then farmers and farmland everywhere you turn; where I go discover so many indistinct trails to let him run on, with ravines and tall hills stretching up far above us, and small streams that curve along the forest floor down below.

 In every season, in every time of the day, all of this holds heaven for me

No comments:

Post a Comment