Thursday, October 29, 2015

10.28.15 I do remember that day


You know, now we may have all heard this a hundred million times, but I do remember that day, late in the afternoon, going with Barbara Ann to Jennifer's apartment building , up into her apartment , and before she even embraced us or said hello, she made us hush up, she put the needle on the record, and on it came . 
     So the three of us stayed there, just standing, or leaning on the wall, coats on , bags in arms , arrested- as the sounds filled the room . 
     I think there was one tall tall window at the far end of the room, and it was kind of dark. I just recall the feeling of the resonation of music moving through my body, as, eyes closed, I remembered once again how music comes into us, changes us; and then stays within us , it turns out, for a lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck&app=desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment