Thursday, October 29, 2015

10.28.15 Times change and crappola happens


    Facing the tail end of the deep green grass , the leafed tree limbs , the warm morning sun, we watch as the weather noodles back and forth , as here, in this house, still we have a window AC to move upstairs, some storms to put in, washed well or not , and the drains to clean debris out of.
     Last weekend he got up in the cottage roof in fully Monty regalia of chemical proof mask, looking a bit like a giant fly , perhaps , as I held tight the ladder and he brought with him the sprayer bottle , filled
 with bleach , right ahead of the insurance inspector to come by Monday, so spraying the thick moss insurgents, then brushing them away, 
     As I stood below watching , as if watching helped. As if I ever planned to be the watcher , as opposed to the sprayer or climber or mower or lifter or car-tuner-upper.
     But hey , times change and crappola happens ; there I was, far away to not get sick for a month from the bleach,
my plans for rescuing him , should he slip and fall, altered every three seconds , all variations of. 'Throw myself under his falling body '. , so pretty helpful yeah, that he didn't slip nor did he fall , so we all made out in the end.
     Still, I keep sitting on my Biomat, recharging/charging, doing my duty , trying to rebuild from exhaustion gone bad ; sitting, spurious , as we do, imagining what I would do , if it turns out I could .
     Course the wish list/plan list is way different than when one is 20, or 35 or 53. Has more to do with. ' if I keep resting and a bit if energy came on up , why I'd first ... clean the gutters!!like that .
     And this weekend between the two of us , something possible and fascinatingly small and yet sustainable will be done , no bodies will be harmed while this happens , and I'll stick the next few items back on the list right about as we're done , for the next time. For Willy. For humanity .

No comments:

Post a Comment