Saturday, September 10, 2016

8.31.16 All we need to do is get ourselves there

     I've been waking anxious, and the closer it gets to morning, the more round and round my mind is uselessly going, with concerns. 
     Sometimes when this happens, I close my eyes and picture someone literally spinning round in a circle til they fall over, dizzy. Makes me laugh.
     So last night I sat just before bed and read the Thich Nhat Hanh pages, just two. Not too many words . Breathing vigorous inhale and exhale as I read, vigorously pushing the outbreath out. Beginning with:
     Breathing in, I know I am breathing in.
     Breathing out, I know I am breathing out.
     This morning when I woke, the anxiety, about our challenges here (like all challenges everywhere), was less.          Markedly. Wow.
     I lay on my bed and found a Jon Kabot Zinn Mindscape video on YouTube, lay down instead of the advised sitting up, and listened.
     I dropped off and woke back up, my mind wandered and came back , and when it was over, I felt so much better. Funny thing, these tools. 

     All we need to do is get ourselves there


 

No comments:

Post a Comment