Saturday, September 10, 2016

8.31.16 Who are you

     I was inside resting, after taking care of garden plants outside. The 5 crow siblings were going on and on and on. It was dusk, 7 pm, and usually they and all other crows have been long gone to their roosts by now.
     I suddenly realized ( Silly human) that they were all calling and calling someone. 
     Then I realized the someone they were calling was ... me. 
     So I got up, filled a water jug, grabbed the compost, and headed out. 
     There they were, all crowded together high in the Aspen, and their admonishment paused when I left the house.
     I called to them , while they watched and waited, while I spread our compost neatly into five piles of goodies , scrubbed out the water with my fingers , and refilled it with fresh water.
     I also have water for wildlife other more hidden places, because it's becoming a real problem around here.
     Went back in as the five young ones, satisfied, flew on over for a late dinner.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment