Saturday, November 19, 2016

11.7.16 I'm thinking about hot stultifying humid summer days.

I'm thinking about hot stultifying humid summer days. I'm remembering so-freezing-cold-your-face-and-teeth-ache times. I'm having my precious day of small precious this and that , the small early morning walk-run. The gift of an appointment, and then a dear friend who comes by and magically leaves the messy kitchen spotless. Shoemaker's elves, perchance? 

Of tough medical calls and plans and decisions, and bright shout outs from a beloved sibling. 


Of sweet interchanges with the one I love, while the earth turns and fall settles in.
I find myself old enough to know better with that election time useless cram-the-emotions-in crap, thank goodness. Age has some great gifts.


Too old and not fool enough to speculate , to fear monger, and no longer motivated to gather together and weep and moan. 


Because these days, it's more like 


Do Your Best, whatever you can manage these days. 


Be your values as well as you can, and keep improving. 


Don't rail and moan and whip your hair around and gnash your teeth. 


Just deal with it and live it and see what's possible, and in the midst of difficulty and least desired outcomes and big life surprises, keep your head up and do what works




https://www.facebook.com/gwen.mcclellan/videos/10208140999226225/

No comments:

Post a Comment