Wednesday, March 8, 2017

2.27.17 Remarkable shining places

No automatic alt text available.

     There's all kinds of disadvantages and advantages, to the work we end up doing in our lives. Like a lot of people, I did 1 million different kinds of jobs, until I trained for over three years with my brother, and the modality he created.
     And then had the wonderful experience of being an Integrative Acupressure Practitioner for 27 years. 
     I suppose when you're an electrician, or a plumber or a landscaper or working retail or do childcare, you get to have those types of friends, and maybe they help you out after you retire.
     Same with the cook or social services or being a website genius, or so much more. When you're a body worker, if you have an ounce of common sense, you are trading with other bodyworkers every single week, to improve your health.
     I traded with potters and carpenters and website people and photographers and Artists and farmers and just about anybody you could think of, I traded body work with them.
     When I had to retire, I gave my practice to one bodyworker friend, hoping they would take good good care of all my clients.
     I gave my herb business and apothecary to two other friends. Which they have cared for beautifully, and expanded, using my formulas and theirs , to nourish their own body work practice.
     And they became committed to seeing me for weekly sessions, and taking such good care of me.
     I know that, like many of us, I would be living a life of severe intractable pain, if it were not for my diet, all the supplements I take, and their work.
     Sometimes, in amongst all the tough stuff in life, there are these remarkable shining places.


No comments:

Post a Comment