Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2.3.15 Once Upon a Huge Black Cat With Yellow Moon Eyes

Photo: Loki, , 15 years old, beloved of tiny Mary. 20 pounds of beautiful loving black cat, named by my daughter after Barbara Ann's horse , who tried to ditch me under a branch . ("Lean down Gwen, lean down!!!") Arlen only met Barbara Ann once, but grew up hearing about the beautiful Loki.

He nibbles, kisses and bites . Got him at age nine, from an internet search. 
Had several homes who ditched him because he is shy! 
Spent SEVEN years in shelters. 

I fell in love and drove to Lowell to this vet who had a big back room with no windows , and kitties everywhere; a tiny no kill shelter.
 On the drive home I opened his cage next to me and told him everything was going to be alright now, and rubbed his ears and we held hands . 
While they were getting him ready for me , they held up this black and silver feral kitten from a huge feral colony, and I fell hard. 
Made them promise to save her for me , and I got to take her home the next week.
 The two fell in love, and have been ever since . 
The end. 
Now turn off your light and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment