Saturday, March 12, 2016

3.10.16 Oh honey, lighten up.



     The actuality of The Divine may be refractory. Does that make sense? Shifting . Our perception varied, and not inclusive of whatever                    The Divine 'is'.
     What we perceive, whatever form we relate to, might vary according to who we are, and where we stand in proximity.
     As humans, if we so wish, we have many choices
     Over my lifetime, what is true for me has transformed from a male white guy with the beard and a robe who lives somewhere up in the sky, makes decisions, and listens to our appeals- when we want something different than what we have, or a continuation of our present good luck ( or parking space).
     Very gradually this has shifted to some amorphous deep internal sense of All That Is.
     Thing is, lately, what with the present complexity in my life, I wrestle with this.
     I smile affectionately at myself.
     I struggle with that very phenomena which the atheist and agnostic speak of. .
     About really wanting to believe in a version of The Divine that I can ask for support. That is somehow some sort of 'someone'.
     But whom I can ask to please, come here, and hold me up, when I feel that I cannot stand alone.
     To please come here, and make their presence known to me. To fill me with their grace and love and peace.
     As if I were a child alone in the desert, longing for somebody to come and help me.
     Lately, I remind myself that there are no rules. That in this regard, depending upon our beliefs, or the rules we have chosen to live by, we can do anything we want. And if I want to try floating some configuration of my own Divine, and bring it for a spin for a minute or a week or year, I can see how that works out.
     That its OK. To let up on myself, and my ideas. And thoughts.
     I remind myself that if I was living in another place, or another time, I might simply be so comfortably acclimated to the faith prevalent with those I live with, or the place I'm living, that the practice that involves a day-to-day life would possibly be a great source of comfort and joy. And cohesiveness in my life.
     That all of this left brain acerbic questioning and standards could possibly be irrelevant, in my day-to-day life.
     I embrace myself. I say to myself "Oh honey. Lighten up.
Try out 10 versions of 10 different ways of imagining The Divine.
     Please remember that all things are possible."


No comments:

Post a Comment