Wednesday, March 9, 2016

3.8.16 Smile.

Somehow, the urging of Thich Nhat Hanh came back to me, his Smiling meditations.
Because he often suggests 'Breathing in, I smile'.
When I'd wake up, and just feel immediately as if my breath was crushed out of me, by stress, the smiling came back to me. So I just smiled . Physically. 
And it was so funny, because it seemed to My Self that if I was smiling, why , something nearby must be worthy of it. I'd look around, discover something smile-worthy , and be lifted right out of that stuck vigilant close-up-focus on worrisome things , out to a big looser it's actually-ok focus on all that is.
When it kept happening, I realized that it was not only because it 'works' in terms of reframing whatever is going on for us, but because you discover some innate wisdom within the act.
Of simply starting to connect with joy and pleasure by finding a way to put a smile on your face.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment