Wednesday, March 9, 2016

3.9.16 Thundering along on a beautiful day

A moment ago, I was up in my study here, repotting plants and puttering around, and writing, as only one can do when one grows up with six siblings and then has three kids and other kids and then they grow up and leave and there is room. In fact, rooms .And your honey gets a study. And you get a study! Whoa. Ahem.
So anyway, here I was, drinking in being in a study, and I gazed out the window across the broad conservation fields and the seemingly endless view to Leverett across the hills and across the tiny mountain range, and I caught sight of several deer, racing through the woods. 
So ethereal, right? Because their coloration is perfect for right now, for the woods. 
But I could still see them, so many, as they jumped and bounced and ran, and then all went down into the ravine to have a nice drink from the stream. I kept watching and up they all came, finally and cautiously emerging into the field, this ENORMOUS deer first, and then many others, many of them young, noone with antlers. 
They all politely paused behind the humungo deer at the road, and then finally the first one decided to go ahead, and they all carefully slowly crossed the road, one after another, to break into a run and I could see them race and kick heels and thunder in their delight on this day we are all given, so fast up into the range. 
I saw that one car stopped, and I thought to the car "Yes. I know. What a beautiful thing we have here."
Top of Form

Bottom of Form

No comments:

Post a Comment