Friday, December 11, 2015

12.11.15 In an Alabama airport, with my five month old 35 years ago



     He was five months old, and I was in an airport in Alabama, on my way to a Seventh Day Adventist 'hospital', which was really a big long building filled with deeply religious young people performing hydrotherapy on a whole bunch of very sick people, and what were doctors who were knowledgeable of the beginnings, once again, of naturopathy.
     They fed you a vegan diet, extolled the virtue of hard work and long walks in the sun, and were horrified if you ran out of diapers and had to put in a load on a Saturday.
     But I learned to do Constitutional Hydrotherapy, which fixed me, after operations and other fun things wouldn't, and taught me my second lesson in Naturopathy.
     The land was flat, filled with Yuchee Pines, rich in Native history, the soil red clay, filled with wild flowers.
     The diet was delicious, and my small one learned to stand up and pull himself along coffee tables and chairs, while the whole room of patients smiled and cheered.
     I left and followed their protocols, and was well in 12 months. Life- so full of so many surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment