Friday, December 11, 2015

12.11.15 In the woods today,



    all was dark and sprinkling, echoing the sound of rain pattering on everything. Dry leaves done falling down to the forest floor, rocks and stones and fallen trees with their embellishment of Coriolus vericolor, in shades.
     We clomped up the cushioned path, the ground giving way with each step, from endless years of Pines shedding their needles, when they will. Until the entire range became blanketed with this soft covering.
      Even today, I love to open my mouth to catch the rain, the drops falling straight toward me from the sky above. I love to settle down on the ground, while the scent of pine and humus rises up and circles around.
     As the grey sky above undulates with wind and cloudcover. While all about me is dark and cool.
     I love to feel the cushion of years beneath me, and imagine being born here, in the forest, with some legs and fur, or wings and feathers, or bark and small tiny new leaves. 
     Waking up to life you have been given, going off to grow and stretch and do what you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment