Friday, December 11, 2015

12.11.15 That today fill me with happiness

     I grew up hiking The White Mountains. For some reason , Mt. Washington always thrilled- I think less because it was largest, and more because of the remarkable Tuckerman's Ravine, so beautiful I never could try out another trail. And the view of Lakes-of-the-Clouds Hut, with its crystal blue lakes, seen from the summit. 
     The hike from summit along the ravine to the hut may be my favorite view- and I can see it as clearly as all the times I stood there, everything in this wild massive proportion. 
     We brought our two youngest up three times hiking , and once on to a second mountain for another night , passing through an arboreal forest. Breathtaking . 
     I was always slower than the old men, my lungs complaining mightily, but I got there. Stunned and amazed.
     There are so many things I did that today fill me with happiness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment