Sunday, April 3, 2016

3.3.16 Pass on by

How often do we find ourselves, over and over again, poring over the pieces 
of a difficult situation, as if the poring will this time work well enough 
that we will find our way . 
Each time I awaken from this way of approaching life, I'm stilled once more.
By how imperceivable the falling asleep is. 
And how, coming awake, I regain some of the clarity that leads me to 
push aside the pieces, open the curtains to let in the light, go outside,
 and sit by the stream. 
To clear the space for the problem to come up from inside of me.
To feel as though I am filled with its confusion or longing or worry or distress.
And as I sit and even intentionally find the way to a small smile,
 the distress becomes relieved of itself.
By the very act of sitting with it , as a bit more of it quietly passes on by.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment