Thursday, April 7, 2016

4.7.16 Right then

Down in the mud were these small dried golden shells, all over the dirt road where I was walking along and locating balls and picking them up and throwing them again.
I leaned closer to see the beautiful things, and then turned and looked overhead, from whence they came. Wondering what kind of creature tree would genetically develop in such as way as to grow and then toss away such beautiful shining golden things.
And I'm not sure what kind of tree, but these lovely things grow all along the river with an unusual caveat: They grow tall and begin to lean and then being in a flood plain, so possibly really appreciating the spring floods and all, they fall over and maybe crack a bit and then still grow and blossom, only lying down. So you walk around the outwaters here, and there are so many of these glorious trees with their bumped edges all along every branch and twig, like some sort of ancient Mastodon or something.
So I looked up and saw the beautiful tiny blossoms that shrugged off the beautiful golden husk, and the sun came out for just one second, maybe the only time all day long, and there was that moment when the sun caught the gold of the blossom, and everything glimmered.
And if I'd been out of work for not so long,and not used to spending all my time regarding or coming upon so much by myself,  I swear I would have looked around to see if I could locate another unbelieving someone, who would share a glance as if  'Really, could you believe that beauty that struck us down right then?"

No comments:

Post a Comment