Sunday, June 12, 2016

5.10.16 Small night songs and early morning furtive squirrels and moon quieted seas


 


Sometimes, the spring brings rushes of fresh newly unpacked air swept in from another neighborhood to mine, having crossed over and contemplated and let go of and picked up small night songs and early morning furtive squirrels and moon quieted seas and people sleeping in with pillows bunched over their faces and small quiet weasels wandering across conservation fields for a quick brunch. While I lie in bed still and hide my awakening from the watchful pup and slowly press my cold legs up against my husband and think of other days and NYC and repairs needed on the roof and funny moments and eclectic dreams and giving birth. And then yawned and turned my shoulder into this time I here am given.

No comments:

Post a Comment