Sunday, November 27, 2016

11.8.16 Q and A



Q: Why do you talk about Planet Fitness?
A: Because it's $10/mo., no one cares what you do or wear. You can just go bike a little. Or do one machine. Or four. It's good.
Q: I want to be strong and healthy and work out and not get old and weak but then I don't go.
A: Maybe you're overloading the donkey. 
Try just getting yourself there. Today. 
As close to waking up as possible.
So no time for thinking.
Don't think about the good reasons if that already sabotages the deal. Don't think.
Just do today. Just place yourself at the scene and do something small.
Then when tomorrow arrives, see if you can just bring yourself there again.
Lots of times really great reasons just keep us from going. The goal is too big, the standard too high. It does not work.
And going for awhile and then not is unfortunately very normal. It doesn't help to indulge in guilt. Self blame. That just messes things up.
So if you go for a bit and then fall off, cool out about it. Keep watch. Notice when things are such that maybe tomorrow straight off you can zip over there and walk in the door and just start doing something. Anything.
Once I'm back (once again) going most weekdays, I can gently think about a few things. Like, how one of my ears is less obstructed and it's hearing better, the day after going. How I really don't want jowls. Really. I really want to postpone that if possible.
How I would like to be stronger as I get older, better able to lean over and pick up and lift without spraining joints etc.
If I'm already going and being very simple on the way there, I have a little room for goals. That I approach very quietly.
But the grand plans and the schemes don't work ,and they just subvert. They load down the donkey and then the donkey goes nowhere.
And I've decided to wake up and accept that, and then watch and see what works.

No comments:

Post a Comment