Sunday, September 17, 2017

6.16.17 I didn't try to take a picture. I just watched.


We were driving down the farmers fields dirt road to make sure the horses weren't out, before our dog run/ball/race stuff...when alongside the road coming toward me I saw an adolescent fox. Trotting along the side of the road , looking clueless and curious and casual. 
They took a turn into the field, as I grabbed Dante, as I held his muzzle to muffle his protests. 
The fox paused, watching, then trotted off, what with their bright red fur and their dark black stockings. 
I didn't try to take a photo... it was either minimize Dante freaking out the fox or snap a shot.
But afterwards, I realized the fields are newly cut and threshed, and now is the time wildlife come to feed on all the killed mice; especially young wildlife. Beautiful creature.

https://www.facebook.com/GwenMcClellanWordsandPictures/videos/1344537262249721/

So early very early in the morning, out in sandals and nightgown. Cool breezy air on skin, a very large bird down in the conservation fields, sun breaking through thick cloud cover, everything emerald green.




We saw the young fox, feeding again on the mouse kill from haying, beautiful young thing.

https://www.facebook.com/GwenMcClellanWordsandPictures/videos/1345770642126383/

No comments:

Post a Comment