Sunday, September 17, 2017

6.29.17 Two hands clapping

Last night , windows open, I awoke to frightened loud chittering outside. Someone about to become dinner. 

So I threw on my sandals , put on the outside light, and ran out. 

People here were asleep, so I just clapped. Loud. A lot. 

The progress of the hunted and hunter stopped. I suspect a young raccoon and a fisher. 

I stayed out for a bit, making a pain of myself. This often gives the hunted a chance to scoot away. If the hunter follows, the noise escalates. 

The night was cool, the sky somewhat lit, the motion detector light far into the woods next door set off.

So I swatted mosquitoes and gazed at the night sky and clapped til my hands stung.


Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor, nature and water

No comments:

Post a Comment