Monday, January 25, 2016

1.25.16 Fueled by anger, by fear, the delicious reach and thump



     Two weeks ago, on a freezing cold blustery day, during a dog walk early in the morning , I had the urge to run. So I ran. 
     In my old boots and my 500 lb winter coat. 20 steps . 
     The next day, I ran 40. The next 60, then 80 steps , with no gasping or falling over or heart thumping or shock. 
     Each day up it would come, from the depths , the urge to push and stretch and reach.
      It began being fueled, somehow, by anger, by fear, by dread, the delicious reach and thump of small steps over and over , down the bare frozen dirt road .
     A few days ago, a package arrived ,addressed to Mommy. And inside , running shoes, from my daughter the marathon runner.
     So I stole a skinny insulated pullover from my husband and layered with a polar fleece jacket and polar fleece scarf and hat and gloves, and suddenly, there I was, relatively unsheathed .
     Now somehow I waken not exhausted. And I know the wonderful herb cannabis oil is the root of this.
     And oh, the delight, of just being in this present time, when somehow I itch to get out in the frozen cold and the lucked-out- no- ice- no- snow dirt road , and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment