Sunday, January 24, 2016

1.20.16 When the 'real' winter arrives

Funny how, when the 'real' winter finally arrives , we first rail and whine about how how cold it is!!! 
Strangers greet each other as they rush between errands ,making exclamations about the COLD! I laugh .
 At them, at myself, as, on the third or fourth day out of finally cold, I poke myself as I jog down the snow- bare frozen dirt road, as fleet as a bound sloth, pulling fingers in to my gloves to find warmth , covering my face except eyes, purring from the still noticed warmth of the sun , and really, we've just touched on the teens so far. 
And today we're revving up Into the upper reaches of 20's. 
I tell myself, as I load the pup back in the car after , passing by one delighted horse after chicken after hawk after other creatures , warming themselves happily beneath the glow of the great big star .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment