Tuesday, January 26, 2016

1.26.16 Leaning further

     I never was a runner. Never knew there was such a thing, really, except competitions and all. 
     But now that I've begun my small plunking along in early mornings, each day longer and with more ease than the previous, I watch the way in which the yearning rises up.
     As I waken. As I wander about, feeding birds and letting dogs out. My legs and my brain and my self are all crooning 'Go. Run. Stretch. PUSH."
     I turn, look over my shoulder, as if someone is whispering in my ear, as if a small morning wind just passed by and muttered a pesky something.
     But it's only our self, isn't it. Our self that leans further, in the direction we have begun to know.

 
(artist of this remarkable thing unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment