Thursday, January 28, 2016

1.27.16 All in



     I said to him " I haven't been well in awhile and I've decided I'm going to eat the way Radical Remission people eat and people who don't want recurrences and I'm going to make juices. Do you want some?" And he did, tentatively , and then we tweaked it. 
     A bit later, I think he decided to go ahead and eat that way and I never used the 'V' word ( vegan) because it wasn't necessary and would just freak him out. Sometimes it's more helpful to focus on the actuality, versus the concept.
     I just talked about seeing what I could do with all these cool spice combinations when we could afford it and dropped little comments about how the apple and ginger and lemon really makes the cabbage unnoticeable when you juice them and how many juice cabbage for cancer because of what it does.
     He said " It's not like I'm not going to eat meat". And I nodded and awhile later described how a glass of milk has great nutrients but if your aim is to create a powerful healing fast flowing stream of health where your body really gets the message of the most important goal which is healing and repair and strong resilient immunity capable of gobbling cancer cells , then you consider forgoing perfectly fine things like butter and dairy and meat and fish and ground grains and potatoes ,and enter the unknown land ,determined to explore ways of forging happiness and experiencing great delighted satisfaction while focusing on foods that emerge from the earth .
     So he went back to the Radical Remission book that night as we lay side by side reading and the next day he was all in.


No comments:

Post a Comment