Friday, January 29, 2016

1.28.16 Smiling that smile.

What a fall-over-day, but it passed while I rested, grateful, that I could. Because when we get to do at least some of what we need to, then that itself is a gift . 
So I got gifted and read and slept and recharged and missed kalumphing and so did the pup, but it was all good, as they like to say these days, when they're not saying 'no worries ' and more things like that - and I was remembering driving him home yesterday from Boston, such a long long day, and some of us are blessed to have health insurance, and I asked if he remembered some years back when hardly anyone had cell phones yet and we certainly didn't, and how shocked we were at the reams of people driving while talking ? 
And he laughed at me, how he always does , and smiled that smile and closed his eyes and squeezed my hand from then on, yesterday. 
As today , the day drew itself on and the light in the sky changed with clouds so full as pillows til it was time to go get the juicer produce and the guy from his job and pick him up and peel him off his office chair and roll him on home. 
Then I ran out to cheat and get us salad bar dinners as the dishes were sky high and the energy valley low , and all down the street the dusk settled like velvet dust on all my favorite places of ravines and tiny mountains and river and neighborhood , til the sun had its last crescendo and sang its warbling goodnight-you-all song and then as I slipped back into the driveway the whole world seemed to fall fast asleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment