Friday, February 26, 2016

2.2.16 As the dark daylight appeared



     I dropped off my beloved this morning at 6:30, with yet another Amazing Person, who took the day off work and in the midst of raising his kids, bringing my husband to Boston for the day. The morning was still dark, with a light snow falling, as we drove along one winding country road after another. 
     Then I went home to grab the pup, and the raincoat, and off we went, as the dark daylight appeared, down along the farmer's fields . 
     Where the beautiful winter's colors were on display, as we walked along the small new snow, examined the latest territorial wild creature night poops left behind, and peered at the close set paw prints of someone small, but not a cat, but with nails/claws long enough to leave indentations in the snow.



He sniffed and I tracked where this wild one went, stopping here, circling there, making their quiet private way, in the night.
     There was too much rain/snow/wet to jog, so I gave up , and just drank in the last bits of winter, because really I love winter, all subdued and subtle and understated and quiet and all.
     Gathering up the beautiful granular snow in my hands, pressing it close , and laughing as I lobbed to Dante Woo, who in truth did his best to leap off the earth and grab that thing and chomp it down , in great dogified happiness.
     Til the rains ramped up and I turned about and tossed ,setting the last few tennis balls barreling down the road ,big boy dog thundering deliciously after.






No comments:

Post a Comment