Monday, August 17, 2015

8.15.15 So I was barefoot, standing by the herb garden arch, when past me whizzes a neon green breasted Hummingbird



     As the storm warmed up in its approach, I wandered out to graze upon tiny ripe tomatoes ,and watch the huge baby crows play together in the field, their articulations so squawky and sweet, as they conferred , while seeking out insects and worms for their dinner. 
     All afternoon they had lurked in an Oak, smooshed up against each other as they tried to get up the courage to swoop down upon the compost and enjoy the leavings. 
     So I was barefoot , standing by the herb garden arch, taking a few shots , marveling at the thick intertwined vines of Scarlet Runner Bean and Moon Flower, when past me whizzes a neon green breasted Hummingbird , a young one, zipping round the garden arch, feeding greedily from the St. Johnswort , the violet Bee Balm profusions , and then the vine blossoms.        


     Oh, I tried to be still , as they hadn't noticed I was anything but some odd tall plant , but this stupid mosquito was beginning quite a feast on my arm and I just couldn't stand it another second ,
     so the tiny hummer finally reared up as if to say. 'Oh , such betrayal' , and they zipped off somewhere. , 


    
leaving me with the very beginnings of wild dark clouds and what was to be a raucous powerful summer's storm .


No comments:

Post a Comment