Saturday, August 22, 2015

8.21.15 By now, we all know how it works. Falling off horses; climbing back on.



     My oldest asked me if I've been able to start working out again. My daughter called me about jogging with her dog by her side. My husband goes to crossFit with his chemo pack on. And my youngest texts me a photo of him, flat on his back, after playing indoor soccer. Telling me he and his girlfriend are about to start jogging. 
     And for about a week, I feel it all inside of me, gestating . Growing little rootlets, sending out shoots. 
     And then, I drop my husband off at his job, while he builds himself up for fall. On my way back, I hang a right, wrong clothes on, walk through the pouring rain, open the door, set myself on the beginning of the machines. And I'm back. 
     By now, we all know how it works. Falling off horses; climbing back on.


No comments:

Post a Comment