Saturday, August 22, 2015

8.20.15 A few years ago I was sitting talking with a very well respected Radiologist, who told me t

A few years ago I was sitting talking with a very well respected Radiologist, who told me they thought we should have no more than one X-ray in a lifetime. Really. Sometimes when I'm hanging out with people who care for those with cancer, or have cancer, they talk about why on earth they don't get to have MORE CT scans or PET scans, to find things out. I really wonder then if they have access to the internet,and have ever read the AMA's concerns or anyone elses, about the wonderful information we access with scans, versus the very real probability of creating new cancers as a result of exposing vulnerable tissue to radiography. It certainly is a balancing act.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment