Monday, November 30, 2015

11.30.15 To rest in that fine company



 Sometimes people write me. 
They ask "Why is it you write so much about aging ?"
I reply "Well, whether we age and decline sooner or later, it is the way of all things .There is a way to rest in that fine company, and I want to learn how."
There has always been the way all experiences of living beings , now and before us, learned as they went that way. 
And I don't want to be caught unawares, or shocked or all upset because I tuned this inevitability out, from fear. 
The best bet to settle ourselves with the gift of what we have lived.
We don't want to waste the moments we are given today and days to come.
So it seems wise then to do what we can. To visit now and then the uncertainty, the abject sense of loss, and the weakening .
And lest we forget, tucked into that weakening are the strengths and wisdoms, which then come shine, revealed garnet that we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment