Tuesday, December 1, 2015

12.1.15 Finding our way





      So many of us have aspects of our lives that change. Sometimes quickly and without warning. Sometimes gradually, inexorably. Often in ways we would not choose.

      There is something about being older that invites us to hone our responses, to listen and sit with our distress, and then adapt to what is happening today.

       To find our way past disappointment and loss to somehow relish the day. Like so many of you, I've been doing this too.
        In the spirit of adaptation to that which we may not choose, but intend to adjust to, possibly with great relish, I was thinking back on my practice. On the December day in 2012 when I took these photos.

        As I cleaned up my herb Apothecary and settled my toyshelf for kids coming for sessions that day, and looked into a few things for the adults about to arrive.
        I remember standing there,  enjoying the colorful lights and the pungent herbal aromas and the brisk air outdoors.
The powerful Connecticut flowing just out behind my office, and the gifts of the day.

 
        Here we are now,  thankful for that which we have received  today, and that which we delighted in on other days.

No comments:

Post a Comment