Thursday, October 15, 2015

10.14.15 Just glad he did all that



These days in the late afternoon, I usually drag drag myself to walk the pup, knowing how wiggly and needy he'll be if I don't. A good example of where altruism has nothing on necessity. The sincere desire to avoid suffering. So off we go, and I think of a certain never used forest path, but drive by another, and opt for it...one we've never gone on. 

Course, I unclip him, begin walking along the extraordinarily beautiful forest. And then notice the proximity to one house, oops...two, oh my, three...four....as we walk up the dirt road, he racing far far down ravines to dried stream beds, then up up steep hills. Up the road a bit, I catch sight of horse droppings. Oh goodness. And a bit further, I see through the trees a paddock. 

At which point I freak a bit (visions of Dante hysterically freaking out some poor fenced up horses) and briskly walk back down. Now, a dog can sense you freaking out too, so easily, so he comes racing toward me, and I deter his perception of me, by picking up a stick to throw, then another, so he is hyperfocused on the stick stick deal, and then he comes close, and boom. my foot on his lead line. Whew.

So I clip him up, he grabs and eats the stick, and accepts the end of the stroll, panting with happiness, me just glad he did all that rambunctious racing, all that big muscle stretching, all that lung exertion, all that young-dog-gets-real-real-happy-and-tired deal. 

Looking up into the bright green forest, at the beautiful spatter of fallen leaves crunching beneath our feet/paws. At the return home, so that my beloved can go off to Crossfit, where they don't charge him and they welcome him and hold him up and delight in all wonders with him, each and every time.



No comments:

Post a Comment