Sunday, October 11, 2015

10.9.15 Singularly beautiful creatures


     Yesterday I stepped outside to retrieve the trash up by the road, when I heard an unusual keening , looked up, and there was an enormous white bird, wings crooked like a seagull only with black on the shoulders. , a line if black at the end of the shirt rectangle of a tail .
     Wings stilled , they were carried by the string wind currents , as another appeared , then another , til there were five.
     We often have Eagles overhead, and these were big birds . So inside I popped to get the binoculars.
     Sitting in a chair out back , I watched them all glued in circles. Wings so much larger than body and tail. Just awe inspiring .           
     Finally, off they went, so I got out my bird book , and there was nothing for it.
     They were Osprey. I know, many if you from CT have all those Egrets, all those Osprey. First time , this, for me. I kept thinking it so odd and unusual, the 5 together.
      It is time they migrate from Canada and further north, down to a South America . Ah well, what singularly beautiful creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment